Today I went to the beach to plaster-cast bodyparts in the sand. At the end of the day that was eventually quite satisfying. Even though it didn’t all came out as it was supposed to look like,it still had some morbid charme.
First I tried to do the foot and handprints in the sand near the water but since the flood came and washed out the prints every now and then, i decided to dig a hole further away from the water and fill it up with fine sand and water – using the handy and very practicale art 110-bucket. There I was able to make some decent imprints: two rather flat ones and two with some more body to them. These had the problem that some sand had fallen into the hole when I removed my hand and foot. Thereby the negative plastic now had some dubious looking holes in it, as if the bodyparts where somehow enroded.